Tuesday, October 31, 2017

A black police officer has some words for Black Lives Matter


They aren't words they're going to want to hear.

I watched and lived through the crime that took place in the hood. My own black people killing others over nothing. Crack heads and heroin addicts lined the lobby of my building as I shuffled around them to make my way to our 1 bedroom apartment with 6 of us living inside.

I used to be woken up in the middle of the night by the sound of gun fire, only to look outside and see that it was 2 African Americans shooting at each other.

It never sat right with me. I wanted to help my community and stop watching the blood of African Americans spilled on the street at the hands of a fellow black man. I became a cop because black lives in my community, along with ALL lives, mattered to me, and wanted to help stop the bloodshed.

. . .

I almost lost my life on this job, and every call, every stop, every moment that I had this uniform on, was another possibility for me to almost lose my life again. I was a target in the very community I swore to protect, the very community I wanted to help. As a matter of fact, they hated my very presence. They called me “Uncle Tom”, and “wanna be white boy”, and I couldn’t understand why.

My own fellow black men and women attacking me, wishing for my death, wishing for the death of my family. I was so confused, so torn, I couldn’t understand why my own black people would turn against me, when every time they called... I was there.

Every time someone died... I was there. Every time they were going through one of the worst moments in their lives... I was there. So why was I the enemy? I dove deep into that question... Why was I the enemy? Then my realization became clearer.

. . .

All of my realizations came to this conclusion.

Black Lives do not matter to most black people. Only the lives that make the national news matter to them. Only the lives that are taken at the hands of cops or white people, matter.

The other thousands of lives lost, the other black souls that I along with every cop, have seen taken at the hands of other blacks, do not matter. Their deaths are unnoticed, accepted as the “norm”, and swept underneath the rug by the very people who claim and post “black lives matter”.

. . .

I realized that some of these people, who say Black Lives Matter, are full of hate and racism. Hate for cops, because of the false narrative that more black people are targeted and killed. Racism against white people, for a tragedy that began 100’s of years ago, when most of the white people today weren’t even born yet.

. . .

I realized the African American community refuses to look within to solve its major issues, and instead makes excuses and looks outside for solutions. I realized that a lot of people in the African American community lead with hate, instead of love.

Division instead of Unity. Turmoil and rioting, instead of Peace. I realized that they have become the very entity that they claim they are fighting against.

There's much more at the linkHighly recommended reading.

Peter

3 comments:

Judy said...

The Pogo quote of "“We have met the enemy and he is us." comes to mind.

Quartermaster said...

Bill Cosby is in trouble because his sins couldn't be forgiven any longer because he committed truth by telling the NAACP the truth they didn't want to hear. Anyone that dares tell the truth, Walter Williams being another such "Oreo" is treated like he is sub-human.

BLM is simply a Soros hate group that is being used to create anarchy in the US. Antifa is another.

C. S. P. Schofield said...

And while BLM foments race war, real issues with police go unaddressed. The idiot propensity to use SWAT to do 'dynamic entry' raids (read; 'playing gangbusters') on just about anything. Shooting dogs that are chained or behind a fence. The morons who go a flash-bang in a baby's crib should have been publicly crucified. And I'm not using that metaphorically. Police unions that demand that cops have time to consult before they are interviewed. Video that gets 'lost'. Asset forfeiture, which is Sheriff of Nottingham without the pretty costumes.

BLM is a DISTRACTION. It is lauded by the same Democrat city administrations that are turning those cities into wastelands, and which backs those same cops most of the time. Chicago. Detroit. DC.

This is the kind of 'they're all full of it, both sides' issue that makes me a Crank.