Monday, July 7, 2014

Be wary of Minnesota Gun Rights


Christopher Burg has an excellent and thought-provoking article about the organization calling itself Minnesota Gun Rights.  After describing their vague and non-specific replies to his questions, plus the lack of 'hard' information on their Web site, he concludes:

My recommendation is to avoid MGR. I can’t find any evidence that indicates it is anything other than a sad attempt to separate Minnesota gun owners from their money. Red flags should go up when nobody involved with an organization is willing to tell you what, exactly, the organization has done.

There's much more at the link.

I can't help but agree with him.  Anyone wanting my money had better be prepared to tell me - and, if necessary, demonstrate and/or prove - what they're going to do with it.  If they won't do that, my immediate assumption is that something is wrong.  In the absence of direct evidence I won't accuse MGR of dishonesty, but I agree with Mr. Burg that their unwillingness to talk about what they're doing with donor's money is at best discomforting, and gives rise to suspicion.

I recommend to all my readers in and around Minnesota that they avoid this organization unless and until it becomes more forthcoming and open.  Furthermore, I'd be grateful if my friends in the gun blogosphere would please tell their own readers about this issue, and link to Christopher Burg's article about MGR.  I think it's a public service we owe to the shooting community.

Thanks.

Peter

No comments: