Monday, June 9, 2014

It's live!


'War To The Knife' has just gone live on Amazon.com in its Kindle version.  A CreateSpace print version has been uploaded and will go live as soon as it's passed that company's approval process, which is a bit more convoluted than Amazon's (not surprising, given the added difficulties in working with paper editions).




I'd be grateful if those of you with blogs and social media pages would please help me spread the word of its release.  If you read it and like it (or even if you don't like it), please leave a review on Amazon.com too - reviews really, really help other readers decide whether or not to try it for themselves.

Thanks for your patience with somewhat irregular blogging while I finished this project.  It's been a whole lot of fun, and I really think my writing's risen to a new level with this book.  Now for Maxwell Volume 4 (hopefully to be published in September), then the Laredo War Volume 2, hopefully in December.  Keep your fingers crossed!

Peter

15 comments:

Rick T said...

First?!! Just purchased, and I'm looking forward to reading it tonight..

Old NFO said...

Nice! Congrats Peter!

FrankC said...

Just bought. It's next on the reading list.

MrGarabaldi said...

Hey Peter,

just bought it, Will start reading it and will post a link on my blog.

MrGarabaldi said...

Hey Peter,
Just posted, will pop up on my blog in the morning according to the scheduling thingie.

David Neylon said...

Peter, out of curiosity, do you get the same amount if the books is "borrowed" on Kindle? I'm waiting anxiously for the print edition.

Peter said...

@David: No, I get a bit less, but that's OK - I'd rather make the book more widely available, in the expectation that'll generate more sales over time.

Look for the print edition within a few days. I'll inform readers here as soon as it goes live.

Joe Allen said...

Just bought!

Cedar said...

I have my copy! I'll do up a review soon, I'm looking forward to reading it.

Roger Ritter said...

Just bought a copy, but I have to admit that the concept of "Bactrians" invading a planet gens up images of two-humped camels running wild over the landing field.

Kirkster said...

Love the cover art.

Purchase commencing in 3. 2. 1...

Rev. Paul said...

Posted a review on Amazon & on my blog, last night. Purchased it for the Kindle, too. Good book!

Thornharp said...

Duct tape.
Duct tape?!?!
Redneck Buccaneers, hurrah!

John Cunningham said...

Durn it, Grant, you ruined my Monday. I bought it Sunday morning for my Kindle, and started reading about noon. I figured I would get a bit into it, and sack in early for work. instead, I found myself awake at 0230 to finish it! I was a zombie at work. the Maxwell books were excellent, but this one is even better. I rank it with Williamson's Freehold and Ringo's military SF, which to me is the top level! buckle down and get the next book out.

Peter said...

Thanks, John, and to everyone who's bought it. Please leave reviews on Amazon.com! They really help!