Monday, November 18, 2013

Truck got stuck


I wasn't aware that Canada had a country music 'scene' (unless you count some of Gordon Lightfoot's work), and I'd certainly never heard of Corb Lund and the Hurtin' Albertans - not until Miss D. sent me the link to this song.  It had me laughing out loud, because I've spent many an hour unbogging vehicles (everything from a Land-Rover to military trucks, APC's and even a tank) from red clay laterite mud in various parts of Africa.  Not fun . . .





Looks like parts of Canada have the same sort of mud problem as parts of Angola . . . minus the shellfire, of course!





Peter

9 comments:

c w swanson said...

That song was my 16 year old's favorite, until she discovered Mumford and Sons.

Albertan born and raised said...

As an Albertan and a long time fan of his... yup. Lots of great songs. 'Specially 'I Wanna Be In The Cavalry'.

Anonymous said...

Watch his video for 'Hard on Equipment'.

Also try Great Big Sea, a popular Newfoundland band in the Irish tradition.

Al_in_Ottawa

On a Wing and a Whim said...

I *heart* Great Big Sea.

David said...

I can't believe you left out the legendary late Stompin' Tom Connors! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNEg65rlnu4

Borepatch said...

The Country scene is huge in Canada. It's even in Quebec, en francais.

This song is a hoot.

Anonymous said...

Canadian country music is decidedly diverse. I have a fondness for Leahy and the Rankin family; but Great Big Sea, United Steel Workers of Montreal, Prairie Oyster...and countless others!

eriko said...


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qvCGuuRPzSY
Krautabilly at its finest! I honestly have no idea what they are saying and really hope that it is not creepy but I really love these guys

Anonymous said...

Blue Rodeo.