Sunday, May 20, 2012

Perpetuating the memory of Neptunus Lex


Regular readers will remember (and probably share) my shock at the untimely death of retired US Navy Captain Carroll LeFon, known to the blogosphere as 'Neptunus Lex'.  Sadly, his blog has been taken down (why, I don't know - I'd have loved to be able to continue to read the archives there).

Many who knew and/or followed him have joined a Facebook page set up to honor his memory.  For those of us (including me) who don't do Facebook, a 'talk among yourselves' blog has been set up, where excerpts from his archives will be posted, and the rest of us can comment or perhaps contribute in our own way.  You'll find it at 'The Lexicans'.  I hope I'll see many of you there from time to time.

Peter

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Blessed be the Internet Archive, purveyor of the "Wayback Machine". View his site at http://web.archive.org/web/20110714163925/http://www.neptunuslex.com/

Andrew

Old NFO said...

Done, thanks!

TwoDogs said...

Sadly, ATAC lost another retired Navy captain last week. This time one of their Hunters caught fire and disassembled itself while returning to Pt. Mugu. Dangerous business, and I think they've been lucky up until now.